2018 Guest Testimonials
Like I said before I would plan the trip in line with these bush pilots….You either start in Kasane and end in Maun or the other way round. I would also book place like in line with the next place. I would have gone first to Nxai pan, the Eagle island, Moremi and the Savuti. What happened is that you are flying to Moremi, then back to Eagle island and then Savuti….hope you understand.
We were also not too sure about the planes but realized that sometimes you are on the “milk train”…when the bush pilot sees an airstrip he lands. It took us 2 :30 hours from Nxai pan to Moremi.
We the planes varied from a 4 seater “puke” plane to a bigger caravan (H is a very bad flyer). The pilots overall was not bad.
It would be really difficult for me to say what the best place was.
• The food at all the places were really good and plentiful
• The people were great, we were entertained by Moses every night telling us big stories which was good
• The time of the year is really hot so we are all well-tanned!!.
• People must be aware that this time of the year most tents are hot and a fan normally do not cool you down
• The game viewing was interesting with loads of zebra, giraffe and a big pride of lions. And obviously elephants. We had a friendly discussion one day with the famous elephant that digs up the pipes around the camp for water
• I think if you go there a bit later then you will see a whole lot more of the migration but that’s all luck
• If I must compare the game viewing to the other sites it was not as good but for us it was fine
• The Baobabs is a must to see!!!
Moremi – Khwai
• This is a very good property and coming from the heat with no aircon to a tent with aircon was really good
• Again the food was awesome
• The game viewing is spectacular, saw twice leopards, saw wild dogs who just killed a kudu, with a hippo protecting it and it was later claimed by crocodiles, lions and obviously elephants (a herd of about 80) one morning while having a cup of coffee. The interaction within this herd was really good
• I think because of the low water levels we did not really get to experience the real Eagle Island
• One night one of the waiters actually sang for us…after a bit of convincing….
• Will have to go back one day to experience all the water
• We didn’t see any cats but that’s not really why we go as it’s a bonus when you see them.
• We saw a massive herd of buffalo
Savuti – Ghoha Hills
• When we arrived there we met Nennette and we spoke Afrikaans, from then one we had long discussions with her and her husband Abram
• Again it was smoking hot in the tents but that comes with the time of the year
• Again we saw plenty game with wild dogs again, leopard and lion, massive herd of Eland of about 120, elephants
• The Savuti plains is a really interesting plains and would love to see it with water!!!
GvdM, January 2018